When we think of Weber BBQs we think about grilling some meat. If you visit the Weber recipe page you will find so much more to do on your Weber, including pizzas. Not only will it give you ideas and inspiration, you can also see the array of pizza accessories exclusive to Weber.
The secret to a good pizza is a hot oven. Weber BBQs provide exactly the right environment for pizza cooking. It’s also a terrific way to get the kids involved in casual, fun cooking at home, whilst also teaching them about nutrition. They can get to experiment with how thick they like a base, different ingredients and can try combinations they wouldn’t normally try from the pizza shop.
With homemade pizzas you don’t have to wait until takeaway night to enjoy your favourite pizza, you can do it any night you like or make it a weekend event with friends and family. With the Weber pizza stand, you can cook 3 pizzas at a time.
Making Your Own Pizza Dough
- 3 cups premixed bread flour
- 1.5 tsp dried yeast
- 1.25 cups lukewarm water
- In a large bowl, combine the bread flour, yeast and lukewarm water
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap
- Allow to prove for at least 30 minutes, or until doubled in size
- This will take 30-60 mins
Pizza Topping Ideas
Real pizza aficionados often don’t have a lot of ingredients on their pizzas. What they do have though is 3-4 good quality ingredients that compliment each other and give an amazing flavour experience.
- Topping tip #1 – Use fresh herbs on the BOTTOM of your pizza (eg – basil, oregano, chilli)
- Topping tip #2 – Substitute overly processed meats like shredded ham and bacon with a prosciutto
- Topping tip #3 – Always use fresh ingredients (eg – vegetables, seafood, dairy products)
- Topping tip #4 – Always use good quality cheeses. Grate parmesan and mozzarella for a perfect pizza cheese combination
Weber Pizza Accessories
Pizza Stand – Click here
Pizza Cutter – Click here