Universal Smartfire Adaptor Features
The Universal Smartfire adaptor style is designed for units that don’t have a replaceable sliding vent door like the Kamados do.
Both variants of the Universal Adaptor are 70mm / 2.8″ long and have a female coupler to insert the Smartfire Controller into on one end, and the other end has a male 1″ BSP pipe male thread to make it easy to screw tight some lock nuts on either side of a pit wall or connect to other ball valve adaptors.
The ‘Dual Thread’ variant (on the left) also features a female 3/4″ BSP female thread on the inside of the pipe end that has the 1″ BSP on the outside. This provides two methods to connect the adaptor to your pit. This is ideally suited for Weber/WSM/ProQ folk who instead of drilling a 35mm hole want to connect through the bottom air inlet daisy wheels. It’s a little more expensive as the more complicated design has to be machined from solid stainless steel pipe!
Universal Adaptor (Standard) is Designed For
- Weber kettles
- Custom smokers that may be using a BSP ball valve (BYO 2″ to 1″ adapter as required)
Dual Thread Universal Adaptor is Designed For
- ProQ Smokers, such as the Elite series
- Weber Smoky Mountains
- It’s 70mm / 2.8″ long and as a 1″ BSP pipe it has the outer dimension of 32mm / 1.28″. Both have a 1″ BSP male thread on one end.
- Dual Thread version also has a female 3/4 BSP thread on the inside of the 1″ BSP end. It also includes a 3/4″ bush copper adaptor and a 15mm lock nut.
- On the pit facing end, there is a 1″ BSP male thread that is 30mm / 1.2″ long. If you have thicker walls, it’s possible to make your own tubing to go through your pit and then join it to the Smartfire universal adapter with a 1″ BSP coupling adapter.